September 2021 — Download History and News for Biblical Creation Resource.
- The resource continues to be the most visited page of the site and downloadable course page visits range from 20-60 per week. Since the Android Apps can be transferred via bluetooth from phone to phone, we hope that the proliferation of the resource will continue to increase. We have no way of knowing how much the Apps are being sent in this manner. If you are a user, we would love some feedback about how you got it and where you are from.
- We have updated the descriptions of versions of the Apps for the biblical creation course. It is now clearer that there are TWO versions available. The basic course (Creation Study) at the Play Store and linked on this site with the hand on blue circle emblem is the course only. The more elaborate version with extra resources, videos, image, and a resident Bible is called the Creation Study Helps App. It is downloadable from the Play Store directly. Both can be transferred phone to phone if bluetooth capability is in the software of the phones being used. The course and downloadable courses pages of the site include the descriptions about all this.
- We are continuing work on an interactive iBook that we hope to make available to Apple users that will act like the Android App. Pray for this project. It is not easy making a free Apple iBook due to company restrictions.
- We are aiming to make a Spanish version of the resource available in App or iBook form after the hard copy or eBook version of the Spanish version is published. Need prayer here, too. It’s not easy to get this done for the few of us working on it.
August 2021 Video Channel Update. A video channel CreationStudyHelps on YouTube has a complete set of 10 videos plus an introduction that summarize key points in the free biblical creation APPs or the book/ebook. We will be launching the first few Tagalog versions shortly. The trailer for the cell phone APP has been well visited and provides a summary by the Beard’s on the purpose and focus of the resource. We encourage people to pass the word and “like” the videos or the series if it is helpful. We are continuing work on an interactive book that we hope to make available to Apple users like the Android App. A Spanish version of the resource will be available about the same time for both Android and Apple users.
2021 Home Office and Board Changes. Our new board is in place the the associated address change for the Virginia-based non-profit has been put on the Facebook page as well as registered in the state. If you need to write us, our new address is CHRISTWORKS MINISTRIES, 624 Miller School Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Our general email address remains the same: firstname.lastname@example.org. Roland Beard, President
March 2021 Publish Announcement. The paper and eBook versions of A Study of God’s Creation Filled With Purpose, Direction, and Consequence (high school and adult version) were published in 2020. eBook and hardcopies continue to be available. Now we have two Apps (both for cell phones with Android operating systems). The first was named the Creation Study and is available on Google Play. The second (just published in March 2021) is named Creation Study Helps. It has the resource, links to videos (and a couple complete videos), links to a Bible, special images that support the resource, and several other features. It is larger but a fuller resource. To take full advantage of all the features, one needs an internet connection. Both Apps are free on the Google Play Store, which is the mechanism we can use to spread to resource to people in developing or needy nations. Each App can be passed from cell phone to cell phone using Bluetooth. This site has the link (look for the hand emblem on several pages, including the DOWNLOADABLE COURSES page). More information on the new book and eBook versions is provided by links on this site.
2020-2021. The Beard’s arrived back in the US from the Philippines in late 2019. It took six months to finish the edit process for the biblical creation course, then publish the book, eBook, and free Android App. Trips in the US in the middle of 2020 occurred to discuss the resource with ministries that have contacts with indigenous missionaries in several nations, including India, Philippines, and Central America. Other ministry contacts were investigated, and that process is expected to continue indefinitely. Apps (discussed above) have been published during the time in the US. A return to the Philippines is likely in later 2021. Country restrictions due to COVID-19 continue to hinder plans to return.
2019. Teacher training and orientation on the Philippine printed version of the biblical creation course occurred in several provinces from July through September. biblical creation curriculum course at a Manila school. The Beard’s returned from the Philippines at the end of October. By the end of the trip, Dr. Carl Wieland had finished an edit of the Philippine printing of the course but the time the Beard’s returned to the US. Work began in West Virginia at the Beard’s cabin to incorporate his comments and suggestions.
2019 Changes US Ministry Location: CHRISTWORKS remains, for the time being, a Virginia-based non-profit with a new Virginia address during this transition period. The “office” is a home, as it was before, but has changed homes to 26 Teaberry Place, Fishersville, VA 22939.
GENERAL WELCOME AND SITE CONTENT
Welcome. Thank you for visiting our site. It is here to encourage, exhort, and inspire visitors. We are Bible- and Christian-based in function, including testifying and showing that the earth and the universe did not happen by accident but by the design and command of God. We unashamedly declare the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There are inspirational blogs and courses that have drawn people, so feel free to visit them. Our materials are generally free unless noted otherwise. Some of the courses are downloadable. We do not keep personal information or mailing lists for anything downloaded. A good deal of our work is in the mission field, where we provide various educational helps in the form of training and teaching. We invite you to look at reports and review more About Us.
Inspirational Blogs. We use a group of blogs about the heavens, the earth, and people to tell short stories with images. The things around us provide many parables and lessons. We invite you to read them. Usually we two to four new posts each month.
Courses. One of our primary purposes is to provide educational helps to those who are needy and need biblically-based materials. Some versions of the courses are downloadable without charge, unless otherwise specified, and passable to others as long as the copyright information is carried with the material. Material downloaded freely can be passed without charge unless restrictions are stated. Currently we have two courses available:
(1) The Biblical Creation Study (Bible study and a second edition that is a course for high school reading level and above).
(a) The bible study course addresses some key questions about fossils, the Ice Age, dinosaurs, and the origin of the universe. Comparisons to this world view are made with the current popular evolutionary or naturalistic conjecture for the origin of the universe, which depends on chance occurrences over deep time, self organization of energy, and life from non-life with no external influence. As near as we can tell, there have been over 3000 downloads of the free course from our site or passed to others (which is permitted).
(b) A second expanded and re-edited edition of the course was published in 2020 for UK, CA, US, AU/NZ for adult or high school and adult level. The eBook and hard copy is for sale by the author at Amazon, Target, and various other retailers. The cell phone APPs for Android cell phones are free and can be downloaded from Google Play. Put “Creation Study” or “Creation Study Helps” in the Google Play Store APPs search window to get either version. As mentioned above, the Creation Study is only the course and does not require internet. The second APP (Creation Study Helps) includes the same course as well as supporting videos (links or the actual video), downloadable images, a Bible, and other features. Full features on the Creation Study Helps version requires internet connection.
(c) An elementary version is being developed that will be available in the future. It will be the third edition of the resource.
(2) Astronomical Observing from a Biblical View. AOBV teaches, as we have done in several countries, how to observe the heavens with eyes and the assistance of small optical instruments. AOBV is a practical course but is underpinned with a biblical viewpoint of the heavens, which are often addressed in the Bible. The delight of observing the created heavens is practical and obtainable if the course skills are mastered.
Note: Training and presentations are available on all the courses described above. If interested, send us a request via the <Contact Us> form
Prayer and Purpose. As we tell our Christian friends, please keep us in prayer as we move forward. Go under the About Us menu if you are unfamiliar with us and want to know more about the ministry foundation and motivation. We are home-based and all volunteer but we aim to assist others when we can. Our real desire is to have hundreds of families and individuals, who are committed Christians, doing similar things. There is much work to do. If you are interested in training, supporting what we do, or learning how to do similar things yourself, please read the Support Us section.
HISTORICAL SUMMARY OF ACTIVITY
A quick summary of the last few years of activity to the present are listed below. For more detail, some reports from recent missionary trips are in the MINISTRY REPORTS section
Roland Beard married Faylene Lawson in late June 2017. Their first mission trip together to IFL in the Philippines began in August 2017. A second mission trip occurred from December 2017 through March 2018. A third mission trip occurred in August through October 2018. Recent reports from the 2018 mission trips are posted that give a good flavor for the work that is ongoing. The majority of the work involves the development and training for a biblical creation curriculum, training people to observe the heavens, and personally encouraging friends in the Philippines.
General 2012-2016 Activity:
Overseas work was dominated by the Philippine Project and the publishing of the creation study. There were multiple mission trips during these five years to the Institute of Foundational Learning (founding school/ministry is about an hour SE of Manila). Supplies were delivered, staff/teachers were trained, and children were encouraged at this ministry or its outreach stations. Training for Astronomical Observing from a Biblical View was provided. The last 2016 mission trip ended in March. Linda Beard, who had cancer during this whole period, died and went to be with the Lord in early August.
Another ministry (Kings Outreach in Hanford California) was assisted during two extended trips during 2013 and 2014.
General 2011-2010 Activity
Most activity during the year these two years was divided between the development of Astronomical Observing from a Biblical View (AOBV), site work to introduce stories/sketches, assistance to All Nations, work with the Chinese Church in Charlottesville, and new work with Institute for Foundational Learning (IFL) in the Philippines.
General 2009-2008 Activity:
1. Astronomical Observing with a Biblical View (AOBV) was developed into its first edition form. People were trained in both the US and Uganda during this period with the first edition.
2. The Uganda Project dominated both 2008 and 2009. The Uganda project included sending a container to a village and ministry operated by NEEPU. Trips involved the distribution of materials in the container but we also conducted various types of educational training.