Updated: September 2018.
The information below provides background for web site visitors that may be interested in assisting CHRISTWORKS MINISTRIES projects in terms of praying, giving, or going. If you want to by-pass this information and contribute to ministry projects directly, click here.
We always welcome prayer. If you would pray for our concerns, we would be delighted. Our practical and spiritual works require decisions all the time, so having direction from the Holy Spirit, whether through prayer, the scriptures, a direct leading, or circumstance, is helpful. People-related concerns are nearly always at the top of our prayer list, which includes ourselves, because keeping ourselves as well as making or encouraging others are fundamental. After this, practical needs (such as material and finances for project work) are important. We update prayer concerns periodically although the top items mentioned in the first paragraph stay constant. Thank you for your participation.
CONSTANT PRAYER NEED:
1. Edification, encouragement, and exhortation in personal relationships with Jesus Christ for key volunteers, board members, and the people in other ministries that we work with the most. If we are increasingly walking and abiding in Him, any ministry we do is more effective.
2. Fruitful contacts that lead to a relationship with other believers, who we can encourage and train to use their own homes, lifestyles, time, and money to do the work of the gospel. This is a key primary purpose that we hold before us. We want others to enter into our work or similar activity on their own. There is much work to be done.
2018 Project Needs:
Pray for believers, who we could train to begin doing some of the same things we have been doing, especially in relation to sharing Christ through sharing about biblical creation and observing the created heavens (the subjects of our two primary downloadable courses). We especially need some Philippine friends to help us train other in biblical creation and observing. The training needs will begin to rise by the middle of 2019, so we hope to find brothers and sisters willing to learn the topic and be able to teach others. In the meantime, we will be doing most of the training for the Institute of Foundational Learning as they put the biblical creation curriculum into their schools.
Pray for the future location and function of CHRISTWORKS. Since we will be shifting our stateside residence in the near future, we have decisions to make regarding the non-profit corporation in terms of where it should be based.
Pray for our work in with the Institute of Foundational Learning (IFL) in the Philippines. This is our primary mission location as we continue to develop relationships, work on school curriculum (biblical creation), and provide other staff helps. It is highly likely we will spend most of the next several years at IFL. The transition to make this our primary operational base involves many steps.
Ministry funds are sufficient to be at IFL in the Philippines for late 2018 and to make one additional trip. Travel expenses to accomplish training among the Philippines islands will begin to rise in middle 2019. We do not have the funds to accomplish that travel, which will be for IFL. We have downsized our US presence and our primary project is in the Philippines, so we do not have the normal kind of US-base that many US-based ministries have. Our church, most of our time, and are hearts are in PI. If you wish to assist us, you can give online or send a check to CHRISTWORKS MINISTRIES.
As a matter of note, no money goes to salaries or significant physical facilities since we remain an all-volunteer organization that has low overhead. The aim is to help others rather than increase our “holdings”. Our courses and talks on our web site are free–we do not charge anything for them at the current time, but their development does involve costs.
If you wish to contribute gifts-in-kind for projects (items that would be sent to project locations if funds are available), then contact us for a more specific list of practical items that could be used. Items that are needed vary dramatically and change quickly. We are not always in the United States for facilitate the sending of supplies, but when we are, the FOREX boxes that we pack for the Philippines are $100 each to ship. Contributions help us send more boxes. Supplies tend to range from children’s clothes to staff supplies (including things we need for ministry work at IFL and Asia).
When we say “GO” we mean going yourself or possibly going with us. Several things, however, must be understood. As a matter of policy, we support indigenous mission work because we believe local people from an area are the best possible answers to practical and spiritual needs. With this in view, we work alongside IFL staff in the Philippines and only with their invitation. We are not able to assist any other groups at this time but pray about needs as we come in contact with them.
1. We do not consider receiving visitors at IFL unless we get to know them, they agree with our purposes, are committed Christians, and abide by our (and IFL) standards of conduct. We must also verify that they have been exposed to overseas travel to areas where health hazards are present and they are familiar with working among different ethnic groups. If we get to know someone in our locale in the US who has a heart to help the disadvantaged and they agree with these conditions, then we can provide guidance. If this is the direction you wish to go, please contact us. While serving at IFL, if someone wants to visit and we have become familiar with them, we will contact IFL staff about a potential visit. If they approve and can accommodate our visitors, we will make plans from that point.
2. Going with us is not the only option if you want to “GO”. We encourage other believers to prepare and train themselves to assist others. It begins at home where believers live and eventually expands to other places as God opens doors to assist other people outside their home. If the few of us in CHRISTWORKS can do the projects listed on the projects page after several years of experience near home, then others can do the same. A small church or group of believers can do even more but it takes patience and a process of learning for every individual. We have found that the Holy Spirit is very thorough as He has exposes us to different situations to teach us how to be a help to others. He can do the same for you, whether you are a part of CHRISTWORKS or not. We would be glad to talk with you or encourage you to establish your own pattern of good works using the strength of your relationship to Jesus Christ through your home, which is where it must begin. Please contact us for more information.
3. Going with another ministry organization that needs groups of people to go to disadvantaged people is also possible. We are generally home-based and our emphasis is to encourage individuals to help others but there are ministries that are much larger that have sizable practical projects for groups of people. We can recommend other organizations if you are interested. Even in this case, however, individual believers are of much greater value if they already have a practice helping others in the name of Jesus Christ in their own lives from their own homes. Please begin where you are. If you need ideas or want presentations about how you can do this, please contact us.